When booking a package at Walt Disney World® Resort you have the option to add on the the Disney Dining Plan (DDP), which gives you the option to pay for meals and snacks ahead of your trip.
The cost varies based on which level of dining plan you choose:
- There is no charge for children under the age of 3. At Table and Quick Service locations, children under the age of 3 are allowed to share your plate, but if you wish them to have their own food or drink you must pay for it. At buffet and family-style restaurants they are allowed to have their own plate from the buffet and their drink will be free.
- NEW FOR 2018: Guests under 21 years of age can choose one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered). Guests 21 and older can can choose either one non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or one single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) with their meal entitlement. Specialty non-alcoholic beverages may include: Artisanal Milkshakes, Fresh Smoothies, Premium Hot Chocolate, Soda, Coffee, or tea.
Entitlement Exchange Details
- 1 Table-Service meal per person may be exchanged for 1 Character Dining Experience (Cinderella’s Royal Table will require 2 Table-Service meals).
- 2 Table-Service meals per person may be exchanged for one of the following: 1 Signature Dining Experience; 1 Disney Dinner Show (category 2 or 3 seating; category 1 at 9:30 p.m. show); 1 Cinderella’s Royal Table Experience; or 1 In-Room Private Dining meal.
- Choosing items from a separate prix fixe menu offered at certain locations requires payment of a surcharge in addition to redeeming the number of table service entitlements required at the location.
- A quick service credit can also be used to purchase 3 snacks in the same transaction.
Some things to note
- Dining plans can be added to any Magic Your Way Package that includes tickets, or it can be added to a room reservation to create a ticket-less package. This is especially useful for Walt Disney World® Annual Passholders. Your Key to the World Travel® agent will be happy to help you with these options.
- If you are a Disney Vacation Club member staying on points, a meal plan can also be added directly through Disney Vacation Club.
- If you happen to be staying at the Walt Disney World® Resort for a convention, it will depend on how the room block was set up as to whether a dining plan can be added.
- Your credits are available once you have checked into your resort and can be used until midnight on your check out day.
- Gratuities are not included except for participating pre-paid dining locations.
- Children ages 3 – 9 must choose from a children’s menu, where available.
- Plan must be purchased for entire length of stay and for the entire party (example: 5 night stay includes 5 days of meals).
- Meals are nontransferable between party members and expire at midnight on day of check-out.
- Due to the popularity of Disney table-service restaurants, dining availability may be limited or not available without advance reservations.
Adding a DDP can also help you save some money on your trip. Here’s how:
Quick Service credits are worth about $16, Table Service credits are worth about $39, and Snack credits are worth about $5 – so as long as you order menu items that cost at least that amount you will break even or save money on the plan. By ordering higher priced menu items like steak or lobster, using a credit for a dinner package such as Fantasmic!, and steering away from using credits for lower cost meals like breakfast you will make out well.
Having a DDP as part of your package also helps with budgeting, and gives a more all-inclusive feel to your vacation. If you are not worrying about what everyone is ordering, and just enjoying the meal your vacation be much more fun!