I’ve had my Disney Rewards Visa credit card since it debuted over a decade ago. I use this as my primary charging card so that I can rack up rewards points to use towards by future Disney Vacations. The standard card allows you to earn 1% in Disney Rewards Dollars for every dollar in purchases. You’ll earn an additional 1% for purchases made at Disney owned and operated locations, and restaurants, grocery stores, and gas stations too.
There’s also a Premier Card available for a $49 annual fee. In addition to earning Disney Rewards Dollars, the Premier Card allows you to earn a $200 statement credit for signing up, as well as using your Rewards towards a statement credit on Airline charges over $50.
Once you’ve accumulated 20 Disney Rewards Dollars, you can transfer that amount onto a reloadable Rewards Redemption Card. That card can be used to pay for anything that you can use a Disney Gift Card to pay for. For example, you can use it to pay down your vacation package balance, buy autograph books at ShopDisney.com, buy a pair of Minnie Ears at the Emporium on Main Street, U.S.A.®, or pay for a meal at Chef Mickey’s!
In addition to accumulating rewards dollars, there are many other perks to enjoy once you’re ready to plan your next Disney Vacation, be it to Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai’i, Adventures by Disney® or Disney Cruise Line.
Cardholders currently receive a promotional APR of 0% for 6 months on select Disney vacation packages, Disney Cruises, Adventures by Disney® packages and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa vacation packages. Valid from the date of deposit with your Disney® Visa® Card through the Walt Disney Travel Company®, your Key to the World Travel® travel agent or online at Disney sites. After your promotional APR expires, your standard purchase APR will apply.
There are also all of these discounts and member perks once you’ve started your trip:
- 10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more at most Disneyland® Resort, Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Cruise Line, and Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa gift shops, as well as 10% off $50 purchases online at ShopDisney.com.
- 15% off select guided tours at both Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort.
- 10% off certain recreation activities/rentals at Walt Disney World® Resort.
- 10%-20% off certain restaurants at Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort. (visit mydisneyrewards.com for participating locations)
- 10% off Castaway Cay recreation packages for Disney Cruise Line.
- 15% off select spa and salon locations at Walt Disney World® Resort
- 20% off select spa services aboard Disney Cruise Line.
- Exclusive character Mmeet & greet locations at Epcot® and Disney California Adventure® Park, both exclusive to Chase Disney Visa holders. (Characters vary and are subject to change).
- Exclusive Star Wars® meet & greet locations in Disneyland® Resort and Disney’s Hollywood Studios®.
- A free PhotoPass photo download when you visit the characters at the exclusive meet & greets.
- Discounts to Disney Broadway musicals.
*Note for card members who have their Chase Disney Visa linked to their MagicBand – you still need to present your card at the point of purchase and at the Character Experience locations in order to receive your discounts/perks.
In addition to the official discounts and perks, cardholders often are often given a 2- or 3-day advance window to purchase discount packages offered at Walt Disney World® Resort. Make sure your Key to the World Travel® Agent knows you have a Chase Disney Rewards Visa when you begin planning your trip, so you can take advantage of these special offers, when available.
Want to learn more? Head to mydisneyrewards.com for a complete overview of the terms and agreements of the card. And be sure to check out all of those cute card designs! Ready to make the Chase Disney Visa Card your own? Ask around for a friend who may have one already, as Chase® Bank offers cash-back incentives for both you and your friend for referrals.
Be sure to let your Key to the World Travel® travel agent know you have the card so they can get you early access to those vacation promotions as well!
All Key to the World Travel® planners are experts and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!