Independence Day is only a few days away, and the Theme Park Capital of the World is getting ready to celebrate in style! Here are a few ideas where you can enjoy this 4th of July holiday!
Walt Disney World®
The parks at Walt Disney World® Resort are gearing up to celebrate our nation’s birthday with entertainment, yummy treats and lots of patriotic fireworks!
Magic Kingdom® Park
- “Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky” will offer fireworks paired with patriotic tunes over the Magic KingdomPark on both July 3 and July 4 at 9:15 p.m.
- There will also be DJ’s spinning tunes at a Hoedown Throwdown in Frontierland and at the Galactic Gathering in Tomorrowland, so be sure to bring your dancing shoes!
- “The Heartbeat of Freedom” fireworks extravaganza will begin immediately following the 9 p.m. “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” display. As “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” will end its nearly 20-year run on Sept. 30, 2019, this will be the last chance to experience the patriotic Fourth of July grand finale of this nighttime spectacular.
- The Voices of Liberty will perform great American tunes during a Fourth of July concert on the America Gardens Theatre stage at 5:30, 6:45 and 8 p.m. on July 4. The group also will perform in the rotunda inside The American Adventure pavilion at 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- You will be able to meet your favorite Disney characters donning their “Spirit of 76” patriotic attire at The American Adventure throughout the day on July 4.
- Guests will also find themed eats and sips honoring Independence Day throughout the park – everything from patriotic cupcakes and special dining packages to red, white, and blue sangria and a Boom Berry Lemonade.
There will also be special 4th of July decor at Disney Springs® and Specialty Food and Beverage items at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® and at select Walt Disney World® Resorts.
Universal Orlando Resort™
From July 4th–6th, Universal Studios Florida will feature special entertainment to celebrate Independence Day. The Music Plaza will feature award-winning DJ M-Squared spinning top hits along with a live performance by the high-energy band, Raydio. Make sure you have your camera ready—stilt walkers and your favorite Universal characters will be dancing right alongside you. And what is America’s birthday without fireworks! There will be a breathtaking pyrotechnics display with confetti cannons in the sky over the Music Plaza starting at 9 p.m., followed by Universal Orlando’s Cinematic Celebration at 9:45 p.m in Central Park.
Here is the schedule of the Music Plaza Events:
- Live Music featuring Raydio: 5 p.m., 6:15 p.m., 8:15 p.m.
- DJ M-Squared: 5:45 p.m., 7:30 p.m., 9 p.m.
- Character Dance Party: 6:15 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- Pyrotechnic Display: 9 p.m.
- Cinematic Celebration: 9:45 p.m. (at Central Park)
When the sun goes down, the night comes to life at SeaWorld’s Electric Ocean spectacular. Occurring very night through August 11th, and then weekends through September 1st, there are special shows (Sea Lions Tonite, Touch the Sky, and Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up the Night) and then a dance party and nightly water and pyrotechnic show called Ignite. On Independence Day, the night sky will light up with fireworks, pyrotechnics, and lasers during a one-of-a-kind, patriotic finale! Fireworks are included with park admission and can best be viewed from Bayside Stadium.
Guests have 3 chances to celebrate America’s independence at Legoland Florida – July 4th, 5th and 6th with this year’s Red, White, and Boom patriotic festivities! Event activities include:
- Brick & Boom Fireworks Celebration: Wear special viewing glasses while watching a gazillion bricks explode from the sky above Lake Eloise during their biggest fireworks spectacular of the year!
- Flag Build: Help create a giant American flag out of thousands of LEGO bricks before the sun goes down!
- Other patriotic entertainment including a salute to our troops during the Battle for Brickbeard’s Bounty ski show, Americana apparel and more!
Outside the Parks
If you are looking for something to do outside the theme parks, here are some ideas on how to celebrate your patriotic spirit:
Baldwin Park Independence Day Bash
Kick off the festivities a day early! On July 3rd, from 6-11 p.m., head over to the Village Center of Baldwin Park where nearly 100 participants and sponsors of all kinds will be offering lots of fun including; shopping, a showcase of artisans and craftsman with works for sale, festival snacks/food trucks, a beer garden, face painting, balloon art, interactive activities, and more. The free event, presented by Advent Health, will feature a Main Stage near the lake featuring a Battle of the Bands with local bands. Then at 9:15, be there to view a spectacular choreographed fireworks show over Lake Baldwin.
Red Hot & Boom
The City of Altamonte Springs, located about 10 miles north of Orlando, and XL 106.7 are hosting their annual Independence Day celebration to honor the birthday of America! The free event will be held from 4-11 pm, with fireworks at 9:30 pm. There will also be live performances from the following artists throughout the event: Mabel, Madison Beer, lovelytheband, Dean Lewis, MAX, Ally Brooke, and Asher Angel.
Fireworks at the Lake Eola Fountain
Join thousands of Central Florida residents and visitors at Lake Eola Park for the annual Fireworks at the Fountain, celebrating the 4th of July. The festivities begin at 4:00 p.m. where there will be children’s activities, live music, and food and beverages available for purchase. The fireworks will begin at 9:15 p.m.
Start your Independence Day with a little exercise so you can eat those extra burgers later on! The city of Winter Park, which is located just 20 minutes from downtown Orlando, will be hosting the Watermelon 5K, which begins at 7 am. When the race is done, head over to Central Park for the town’s 4thof July celebration. Running from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., the event will feature live music, a Family Fun Program Kids Zone, and free hot dogs, watermelon and water for all while supplies last. All day on the 4th, you can also enjoy free admission at the Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, which hosts the world’s largest collection of works by famed artist Louis Comfort Tiffany.
Daytona International Speedway
The Daytona International Speedway, which is located about an hour from downtown Orlando, will be hosting The Coke Zero 400 on July 6th. This venue has been an Independence Day week tradition for race fans for almost 50 years. Following the 160-lap, 400-mile event will be one of the Southeast’s largest fireworks shows.
However you decide to celebrate, we hope you have a happy and safe 4th of July!!
All Key to the World Travel® Advisors are experts and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, or click here to request a quote today!
Key to the World Travel®
Contact your Key to the World Travel® Advisor today, using the links below!