What’s the one thing that isn’t on your Walt Disney World® vacation packing list but you know you won’t forget? That one thing that you would definitely check for before pulling out of the driveway to hit the interstate to head towards the Mouse? Your cell phone, of course! Our phones are such wonderful tools and a good app or two can help you have a fantastic vacation at Walt Disney World®.
As an avid traveler to Walt Disney World®, often taking my family of 5 with 3 kiddos, I’ve compiled a list of super helpful apps that I utilize while vacationing. From keeping track of our fast passes and dining plans, to reminders to reapply sunscreen, these apps have helped my family stay on top of all the moving parts of a Walt Disney World® vacation.
My Disney Experience App
The official Walt Disney World app! Now it’s easier than ever to plan and share your vacation details – at home and on the go.
Quickly access real-time wait times, park hours, character meet and greets, parade showtimes, and more.
Use the interactive, GPS-enabled map to explore Walt Disney World and easily see the dining options, attractions, and more nearest you. Find your way around with step-by-step directions to locations across Walt Disney World.
Browse restaurant menus, make dining reservations, and modify existing ones and even order your meal right from your phone at select locations.
Select and modify your party’s FastPass+ experiences.
Search and filter activities by height requirements, locations, interests, and more to find exactly what you’re looking for.
Keep select Disney resort hotel reservations, dining plans, and activities organized- all in one spot with My Plans.
Save time by starting your Disney resort hotel check-in process right on the app.
Visit My Account to manage Dis- ney resort reservations, tickets, MagicBands, and share plans.
Play Disney Parks App
Turn wait time into playtime with interactive in-park adventures, attraction-themed fun, Disney trivia, achievements, and unique experiences that bring the surrounding environment to life!
Play with family and friends while waiting in line – from activities that interact with select attraction queues to games that immerse you like never before in the stories of the Disney theme parks!
- Earn and share themed achievements- digital collectibles all their own, awarded for experiences in the app and across the Disney theme parks.
- Test your knowledge with Disney trivia- and see if you and your crew have what it takes to become Disney trivia masters.
- Celebrate the songs and sounds of Disney- listen to Apple Music to tap into a curated music experience featuring official playlists inspired by the Disney parks.
UV Lens App
Exposure to sunlight’s ultraviolet radiation (UV) can damage your skin, cause sunburn, and increase your risk of skin cancer. UVLens shows you when you need to take care and when you can safely enjoy the sun.
Plan out the best time to be outside.
See the UV index forecast for the day and when it’s safe to be outside.
Find your burn risk: Find out how long you can spend in the sun without sunscreen by taking a personalized skin type assessment.
Sunscreen Reminder: Discover how your sunscreen protects you, and get reminded to reapply
My Radar App
My Radar is a fast, easy-to-use, weather app that displays animated weather radars around your current location, allowing you to quickly see the weather that is coming.
Shop Disney Parks App
Shop for authentic Walt Disney World Resort merchandise with the Shop Disney Parks app. Browse thousands of gifts, accessories, collectibles, and more, many of which have never before been sold outside of Disney Parks and Resorts.
See which stores near you have the item you’re looking for.
Ship to your home or resort hotel.
- Plus, any eligible Disney Visa cardmember, annual passholder, or Disney Vacation Club member discount with apply to the purchases made through the app.
Waze App (for drivers)
Always know what’s happening on the road with Waze. Even if you know the way, Waze tells you instantly about traffic, construction, police, crashes, and more. If traffic is bad on your route, Waze will change it to save you time.
- See what’s happening
- Alerts about traffic, police, hazards, and more on your drive
- Get there faster- instant route changes to avoid traffic and save you time.
Gate Guru (for flyers)
Connect the dots for every part of your day- of travel experience while flying.
- Check-in airport terminal
- Airport weather
- Terminal and gate arrival and departure information
- Real-time flight status and push notifications for changes and updates
- Estimated TSA security wait times for your checkpoints
- Airport food and amenity information, customized to your arrival and departure terminal
- Airport maps and tips to help you navigate an unfamiliar airport
Southwest Airlines (or the App for the Airline that you’ll be flying)
Ready for takeoff? This app is your digital pilot, guiding you through the Southwest experience. It’s packed with easy to use features like express checkout and mobile boarding pass with Apple Wallet.
- Check-in, book, change or cancel air reservations
- View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home screen Access your mobile boarding pass and save it to your Apple Wallet.
- Check flight status
- Add EarlyBird Check into an existing reservation
- Use the Bag Sizer to measure your items that are destined for the overhead compartment.
Need a lift? Try Lyft for a friendly, affordable ride whenever you need one! Use Lyft to drive you to your destination with trust and highly-rated drivers. Request a ride with the tap of a button and get picked up by a nearby community drive who will take you to your destination. This is the app that Disney’s “Minnie Vans” ride service can be requested through. You’ll need to ask at the front desk of your resort for the code to access Minnie Vans through the Lyft app.
- Open the app and request a ride.
- The driver will be there to pick you up in minutes.
- See the cost of your ride in advance.
- Pay directly with the app.
- Split the cost of a ride with friends. It’s easy, fast, and secure.
Heads Up App
Heads Up is a fun and hilarious game from Ellen DeGeneres that she plays on her show, and you play with your friends and family. This is a great game to play to pass the time when waiting in line for attractions and a lot of times people around you in line will jump in to play too! From naming celebrities to singing to silly accents – guess the word on the card that’s on your head from your friends’ clues before the timer runs out.
- Play with one friend or one hundred at the same time.
- Draw a new card simply by tilting your phone.
- Keep videos of your hilarious game play for your own amusement, or share them right to Facebook.
Keep in mind that using these apps will drain the battery on your phone pretty quickly. So I definitely recommend purchasing a portable battery charger to keep your phone charged all day long. There are so many kinds available on Amazon, so be sure to read the reviews thoroughly to get the one that’s just right for your family. I recommend the FuelRod brand of portable battery chargers. There are locations in Walt Disney World where you can trade in your FuelRod when it’s running out of battery, and pick up a fully charged one. It’s pretty cool!
What other apps have you found to be helpful on your vacation? I love learning about new ways to make my vacation go even smoother!
All Key to the World Travel® planners are experts and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!
Agent Education Manager