Complete Guide to Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Disney’s Hollywood Studios is the third theme park opened at the Walt Disney World Resort. Originally known as Disney-MGM Studios Park on its opening day in 1989, the park is dedicated to the imagined worlds of film, television, and the stage. Most of the themed elements of the park are inspired by the golden age of Hollywood, and the backlot of a working movie studio.
The park has gone through several changes over the years. Originally the park was planned to operate as a working studio, and gave guests a chance to get a first hand look at how their favorite films and television shows are made. Today, Disney’s Hollywood Studios park gives guests a chance to enter the worlds of their favorite movies and take part in the adventure.
Hollywood Studios Attractions
Disney’s Hollywood Studios offers fun for everyone, with attractions to fit every age and type of adventure.
Favorite Disney Characters
- Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours – The Adventure Continues
Toy Story Land
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Toy Story Mania!
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Walt Disney Presents Gallery and Exhibits
Hollywood Studios Shows and Characters
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests have the chance to experience the excitement of Broadway style musical stage shows, see how movie stunts and special effects are created, and party with some of their favorite cartoon characters!
Musical Stage Shows
- Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage
- For The First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Green Army Drum Corps in Toy Story Land
- Vacation Fun – An Original Animated Short with Mickey and Minnie
- Wonderful World of Animation, at the Chinese Theater
Character Meet and Greets
- Meet the Toys, including Woody, Buzz, and Jessie in Toy Story Land
- Meet Olaf at Celebrity Spotlight
- Meet Sulley at Walt Disney Presents
- Meet Disney Stars at Red Carpet Dreams
- Star Wars favorites including Chewbacca, Rey, Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren can be found going about their business around Batuu in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Dining
There are plenty of great places to grab food at Hollywood Studios, whether you want to sit down and dine like the stars, feast on intergalactic fare, or spend time with some favorite Disney friends. Highlights include:
- ABC Commissary (Quick Service)
- Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant (Table Service, special immersive experience )
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe (Table Service, immersive dining experience)
- Backlot Express (Quick Service)
- Hollywood & Vine (Table Service – Character Dining)
- BaseLine Tap House
- Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Italiano (Table Service)
- PizzeRizzo (Quick Service)
- The Hollywood Brown Derby (Table Service)
- The Trolley Car Cafe (Quick Service- featuring Starbucks coffee and La Boulange baked goods)
- Docking Bay 7 Food and Cargo (Quick Service, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Kat Saka’s Kettle (Intergalactic snacks, Star Wars:Galaxy’s Edge)
- Milk Stand (Blue and Green Milk, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Oga’s Cantina (Table Service – Reservations Required, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Ronto Roasters (Quick Service, Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge)
- Sunset Ranch Market (Quick Service, comprised of Sunshine Day Bar, Rosie’s All American Cafe, Anaheim Produce, and Hollywood Scoops)
- Catalina Eddie’s (Quick Service)
- Fairfax Fare (Quick Service)
- Woody’s Lunch Box (Quick Service, located in Toy Story Land)
Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Special Experiences at Hollywood Studios
Star Wars fans who have taken a journey to the planet Batuu in a galaxy far, far away have the opportunity to take part in two special experiences that help bring the world of Star Wars to life. In Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, guests can build their own R2 or BB series droid at the Droid Depot, or take the first steps down the path of the Jedi by building a lightsaber at Savi’s Workshop. Both of these experiences are available for an additional cost, and must be booked in advance. Reservations can be made 60 days prior to the day you wish to build.
Shopping at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
There are plenty of opportunities to grab souvenirs to help remind you of your visit to Batuu, or of the time you spent with your favorite Disney friends.
Shops along Hollywood Boulevard and Sunset Boulevard
- Celebrity 5 & 10
- Keystone Clothiers
- Mickey’s of Hollywood
- Crossroads of the World
- Movieland Memorabilia
- Oscar’s Super Service
- Sid Cahuenga’s One-of-a-Kind
- Beverly Sunset Boutique
- Legends of Hollywood
- Once Upon a Time
- Rock Around the Shop
- Sunset Ranch Pins and Souvenirs
- Tower Hotel Gifts
- Tatooine Traders
Shops located in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Black Spire Outfitters (In-universe costumes, clothing, and gear)
- Creature Stall (exotic pets from around the galaxy)
- Dok-Ondar’s Den of Antiquities (curiosities and artifacts)
- First Order Cargo (clothing and supplies for First Order/Imperial sympathizers)
- Resistance Supply (Clothing and gear for heroes of the Resistance)
- Toydarian Toymaker (authentic toys from around the galaxy)
Whether you’re a fan of Star Wars, Disney Animation, or Hollywood in general, there are plenty of opportunities to spend the day experiencing the excitement and fun of your favorite movie adventures for yourself when you visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Need help planning your own trip to Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
Are you considering a trip? Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands.
Contact your Key to the World Travel® advisor for your next trip, or send us a quote request to get started.