This past weekend, D23, the Official Disney Fan Club, hosted their bi-annual D23 Expo in Anaheim, California. Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Chairman Bob Chapek showcased dozens of exclusive announcements for Disney parks and resorts across the world. Here is what we can expect to see in the coming years!!
Walt Disney World®
As previously announced, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be opening at Disney’s Hollywood Studios® next year. Guests at D23 were able to get a first glimpse of the ride vehicles. In addition, guests of the Expo were also able to see the vehicles that will be used in TRON Lightcycle Run, which is coming to Magic Kingdom® Park.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World® Resort will be a new, first-of-its-kind vacation experience where guests will check-in for a two-night adventure aboard a starship called the Halcyon. Once onboard, guests will interact with characters and have the opportunity to wield a lightsaber and face off against a training remote, just like Luke Skywalker did!
Walt Disney Imagineering and Walt Disney Animation Studios have teamed up with Cirque du Soleil at Disney Springs to create a brand new show that combines Disney stories with Cirque du Soleil’s inventiveness. Previews will begin March 20, 2020, leading up to the world premiere on April 17, 2020!
Artistry concepts for Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Lodge were revealed, and it was shared that the resort will feature a Princess and the Frog inspired restaurant!
Disney also announced a new planning system called Disney Genie, with customized itineraries, which will debut in late 2020.
There is so much to talk about with Epcot, it will seem like a whole new park! When Epcot reemerges from its reimagining, it will be unified with four neighborhoods that each represent aspects of the world and its people. They will be World Showcase, World Celebration, World Nature and World Discovery. Here are some details on what will live in each land!
World Showcase –
- The United Kingdom pavilion will welcome you to step in time down Cherry Tree Lane past Admiral Boom’s house, then enter Number 17, home of the Banks family, where your adventure in the first attraction inspired by Mary Poppins, will begin.
- In 2020, following the limited-time run of “Epcot Forever,” the new “HarmonioUS” will debut! This nighttime spectacular will be the largest ever created for a Disney Park!
- In summer 2020, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will open in the France Pavilion! Next summer La Crêperie de Paris, will open, and feature both table- and quick-service options with a menu created by celebrity chef Jérôme Bocuse.
- Get ready to sing, because in January 2020, new “Beauty and the Beast Sing-Along” will debut! Canada and China will also be getting new films with “Canada Far and Wide in Circle-Vision 360” and“Wondrous China”
World Celebration –
- Spaceship Earth is getting an update which while still taking you on a journey through time, it will reflect the power of storytelling to unite the human experience.
- A new pavilion will be the perfect place for live events, and the home base for Epcot’ssignature festivals. With levels that include an Expo area, plaza level, and an elevated park, it will be the perfect spot to witness HarmonioUS!
- Epcot’sentrance plaza will be transformed, and as you exit Spaceship Earth, you’ll discover a breathtaking new view of World Showcase from Dreamers Point. And be sure to be on the lookout for a new Walt Disney statue!
World Nature –
- This neighborhood, dedicated to the beauty of the natural world, will include The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends pavilions.
- Beginning in January 2020, the new film, “Awesome Planet,” can be seen in the Land Pavillion.
- Journey of Water, Inspired by “Moana” will be a lush exploration trail that will invite you to meet and play with magical, living water and learn about the importance of the natural water cycle.
World Discovery –
- World Discovery is where stories about science, technology, and intergalactic adventure will come to life.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will feature a new innovation from Walt Disney Imagineering – a storytelling coaster that rotates 360 degrees to focus your attention on the action, including the first reverse launch on a Disney coaster.
- Space 220, a new restaurant at theMission: SPACEpavilion, will feature daytime and nighttime views of Earth from 220 miles up! Opening this winter, Space 220will be operated by the Patina Restaurant Group.
- The PLAY! pavilion will open in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World. Guests will get to help fashion icon Edna Mode, play with Wreck-it Ralph, and compete in a water-balloon fight hosted by Huey, Dewey, Louie, and Webby.
Be sure to check out all of these plans and more at the Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience in the Odyssey Events Pavilion. Beginning Oct. 1, 2019 Guests will be invited to discover interactive exhibits showcasing the innovations yet to come!
A new daytime spectacular was announced. In spring 2020, the all-new “Magic Happens” parade will travel down Main Street, U.S.A.® in Disneyland® Park.
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will be opening in Mickey’s Toontown in 2022.
Avengers assemble! Avengers Campus is coming to both California and Paris. Guests will be able to meet up with their favorite Super Heroes, ride on a “Web-Slinger” in the Spider-Man experience, grab a bite to eat at the Pym Test Kitchen. During Phase 2, a brand new E-Ticket attraction will allow you to step onboard a Quinjet and head out on an epic adventure to Wakanda!
Disney Cruise Line®
The Disney Wish is the name of the fifth Disney Cruise Line ship! Setting sail beginning in January 2022, this new ship will feature a three-story atrium that will be inspired by the beauty of an enchanted fairytale.
Disney Cruise Line guests can also look forward to a new private-island destination in the Bahamas – Lighthouse Point.
A “Zootopia”-themed land is coming to the Shanghai Disney Resort.
At Hong Kong Disneyland, some of the greatest animated stories of all time will be celebrated as the castle transforms into the Castle of Magical Dreams. Guests will also be able to visit the world of “Frozen” and experience two incredible attractions. The first is a new coaster called Wandering Oaken’s Sliding Sleighs where Olaf and Sven help pull your sled to the top of the lift before sending you on your way. Frozen Ever After – the popular attraction at Epcot – will also be opening in Hong Kong.
With so many new additions and updates coming to Disney parks and cruise ships around the world, what are you most looking forward to?
All Key to the World Travel® Advisors are experts and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel advisor to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!
Key to the World Travel®
Contact your Key to the World Travel® Advisor today, using the links below!