My dad grew up in Anoka, MN, which boasts being the Halloween Capital of the World, so we like to celebrate ALL things Halloween! Throughout the months of September and October, the ships of Disney Cruise Line turn into a place where Halloween magic comes to life.
We recently set sail on the Disney Dream and wanted to share some of the Halloween magic with you!
The Pumpkin Tree: Bring your family pumpkin seed (found in your stateroom) to the Atrium, and gather around to learn The Legend of the Pumpkin Tree. Be sure not to miss it, as the Pumpkin Tree only blooms once a year.
Mickey PopCorn Tins: I might have a popcorn addiction, so I just HAD to have the Halloween Mickey popcorn bucket. The regular (but super cute) Halloween buckets are $7.50, and the Mickey bucket was just $15. Refills are only $1.50 so it’s easy on the wallet for showtime snacking.
Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas Sing and Scream: Hold onto your popcorn, and head to the movies for one of my favorite movies: Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas. Sing along with all of your new friends, and be ready for a meet and greet with Jack and Sally afterward.
Halloween Isn’t Just For Kids: It’s time for an adults-only costume party where you’ll find fun dance music, Halloween drinks, and more! Take a peek at this dark side of Disney where you might find a villain or two. Prizes will be awarded to the winners of the costume contest based on the following categories: Most Disney, Most Spooky, Best Group, and Most Original.
Additional Activities: Keep an eye out for other activities/events like family crafts, ghost stories, Halloween movies on the deck, and fun merchandise in the shops. All of the Halloween on the High Seas activities can be found in your personal Navigator and on the mobile app.
Mickey’s Mouse-querade Party: Get the whole family dressed up and head up to the deck for a costume dance party with Mickey and friends. You’ll find plenty of candy for Trick-or-Treating and lots of music and dancing. Don’t worry if you forget to pack a bag to carry your sweet treats, as they have plenty for sale in the shops, and some complimentary ones on deck too. Don’t forget your cameras, there are some great photo ops while you’re there!
Costume Information- Disney Cruise Line provided the following guidelines for guests who are sailing for the Halloween on the High Seas festivities.
- Masks that completely cover a person’s face can only be worn while standing still while at a character photo op, and must be carried while walking around the ship.
- Choose costumes that are family friendly, not obstructive, objectionable, offensive or violent.
- Guests may dress as their favorite character, but may not pose for pictures or sign autographs.
- To avoid making any disappointment or delay in the boarding process, guests should refrain from bringing toys or props that resemble guns, knives, or other related implements, as these items will not be allowed onboard.
- Masks are strictly prohibited during the boarding process as identity must be verified.
- Guests failing to comply with costume guidelines onboard may be removed from events unless their costume can be modified.
From the railings to portholes, and even the drinking cups, we found a sprinkle of Halloween everywhere we went. I even broke out in dance a time or two when I heard Thriller playing in the hall or elevator. I hope you get a chance to enjoy the magic and mystery of Halloween on the High Seas for yourself.
All Key to the World Travel® planners are experts, and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!
Contact Leah today using the links below!