When my kids were younger they struggled with waiting in lines at Disneyland. Let’s face it, waiting in line is hard for anyone! Sometimes the kids need a break to get out their wiggles (and parents need a rest)! The Disneyland Resort has some perfect locations to let your kids run wild!
Goofy’s Playhouse located in Mickey’s Toontown
- This outdoor and indoor play area is fantastic for preschoolers and younger kids. In Goofy’s garden, kids can climb through watermelons, pumpkins and slide down the slide. Then head into Goofy’s house to play piano, explore and have fun.
- My favorite part about Goofy’s Playhouse it there was one way in and out and there were mainly younger kids playing so I felt comfortable letting my kids run while I sat on a bench in the shade.
Tarzan’s Treehouse™ in Adventure Land
- This area is perfect for kids of all ages from preschool up to teens. Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older. Guests climb and navigate narrow passages and winding staircases. Once you reach base camp you can play with musical pots and climb vines.
- What we loved about this attraction is there was no hurry to get through it. Other guests can pass while you take your time exploring and playing.
Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
- This area is perfect for kids of all ages from preschool up to teens. You get to explore haunted caverns, bounce across rope bridges, dig for treasure and raise up some pirates. This attraction is wheelchair accessible, but guest will need to navigate dirt trails, bridges, steep inclines, and narrow passages. Children under age 7 years must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.
- My favorite part of this attraction was there were not many guests on the island, so it felt like my kids had the place to themselves! As well as, Captain Jack Sparrow was roaming the island and stopped to take photos and sign autographs for my kids.
Disney California Adventure® Park
Redwood Creek Challenge Trail in Grizzly Peak
- This area is perfect for kids of all ages from preschool up to teens. This is a wilderness trail where the whole family can explore, rock climb and swing from tires.
- My children were 10 and 8 and I felt comfortable letting them run around wild while my husband and I sat on a nice shady bench with a drink. It was beautiful!
Disney Junior Dance Party in Hollywood Land
- This high energy dance party is targeted towards preschool aged kids. Many of the Disney Junior characters are on stage to sing and dance with your little ones.
- I loved this 18-minute show because you get to sit while your kids sing, jump, and dance. The only thing to keep in mind is you are all sitting on the floor. Guests may stay in their wheelchair or ECV to enjoy the show, you will just need to be on the perimeter of the room.
Sometimes kids just need to run wild and in these fun attractions throughout the Disneyland® Resort families can totally let loose! Happy travels!
All Key to the World Travel® planners are experts and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!
Contact Lynette today, using the links below!