Starting May 2022, families will venture to one of America’s most scenic destinations with Adventures by Disney to explore the magnificent sights and world-famous flavors of New England. The brand-new guided vacation to Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine offers families the chance to discover the historical charm and unique culture of this celebrated region.
Step Back in Time in New England
Known for its quaint seaside villages, historic cities, breathtaking landscapes and incredible food, New England has always been a popular vacation getaway. As travelers journey on this Adventures by Disney itinerary through the shores of Lake Champlain in Burlington and nearby Stowe, Vermont, the White Mountains of New Hampshire and Bar Harbor, Maine, they will discover all of this and more, connecting with the people and culture of the region. With bike rides through Burlington, carriage tours through Acadia National Park, lobster feasts in Bar Harbor and tours of covered bridges in Vermont, families will experience life as a New Englander and get a glimpse of all that makes this part of the U.S. so captivating.
Highlights of the eight-day, seven-night New England adventure include:
- A morning of exploration at the Shelburne Museum, where families will work with a 19th-century printing press, visit the Locomotive 220 — which pulled trains carrying U.S. presidents Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt and Dwight D. Eisenhower — and ride a vintage carousel. Shelburne Museum is also renowned for its famed Folk Art collection.
- A stay at the historical Trapp Family Lodge, the former home of Maria and Baron von Trapp. There, guests will learn the story of how the famous von Trapp family left their home in the hills of Austria and settled in the picturesque hills of Vermont.
- An afternoon cruise along Lake Champlain on Vermont’s largest cruise ship and floating restaurant. Families will enjoy lunch and a narrated adventure aboard the Spirit of Ethan Allen.
- Active adventures in the skies, as guests take part in zip-tour, tree-top and sky bridge experiences in Stowe.
- A leisurely bike ride, with stops at Oakledge Park, the Burlington Earth Clock and North Beach. Families will also experience Burlington’s vibrant downtown area.
- Coastal explorations of Bar Harbor with a sailing aboard a two-mast schooner and a kayaking tour along the scenic shoreline.
- Journeys through Acadia National Park with horse-drawn carriage rides along the park’s historic roads and a coach tour of the spectacular vistas of Sand Beach, Otter Point, Jordan Pond, Thunder Hole and Cadillac Mountain.
- A sampling of authentic New England cuisine, including a lobster and clam bake dinner with views overlooking the waterfront in Bar Harbor, a serving of traditional popovers and tea at Jordan Pond House in Acadia National Park and fresh farm-to-table dining at Clemmons Family Farm in Vermont.
Adventures by Disney will offer 10 New England departures between May and October 2022, four of which are reserved for adult guests. Three of the adult-exclusive departures are scheduled during prime leaf-peeping season, the time of year when many travelers venture to New England to see the fall foliage.
Bookings for the new New England vacation, as well as for Private Adventures, will follow the below timeline:
- June 8 – Adventure Insiders who have been on 3+ Adventures
- June 9 – All Adventure Insiders
- June 10 – Disney Vacation Club Members, Disney Cruise Line Gold & Platinum Members, Golden Oak Residents, Club 33 Members
- June 11 – General public
Are you considering a trip? This is a great time to plan your perfect vacation! Having a travel advisor means someone there to have your back in any occurrence. There is no additional cost to you and you have peace of mind knowing that your vacation is in good hands.
Contact Key to the World Travel® for a complimentary, no-obligation quote for your next trip. Click here. If you love following along for the most up to date park information and travel news, follow us on Instagram, too: @themeparkprofessor