Believe it or not, Walt Disney World® is not just for kids! Adults can enjoy a vacation to the most magical place on earth just as much, if not more, than children do. From spending an entertaining evening at Jellyrolls on Disney’s Boardwalk to lounging by the pool with a drink in hand, I’m going to share my 5 must do activities on your next adults only vacation to Walt Disney World®.
- Specialty Dining. By now, you likely know that you can find incredible dining options in all of the parks and resorts, but have you tried them? If you want to splurge, you must try Victoria & Albert’s. It is a fine dining experience – experience being the key word here. They don’t allow any children under the age of 10, and you have to dress to impress (Men – dinner jackets, dress pants. Women – nice dress, dressy pant suit, etc.). While you’re enjoying your exquisite meal, be sure to try one of their over 700 wine selections. If you don’t necessarily want to go all out but you want to enjoy specialty dining, I recommend Sanaa (at Disney’s Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village), Narcoossee’s (at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, or California Grill (at Disney’s Contemporary Resort) . At any of these restaurants, you will be able to have a fine dining experience in an environment where the ambiance will thrill your senses.
- Tours. Since you don’t have children in tow, book a behind the scenes tour that you wouldn’t be able to experience otherwise. A few great options include the Wilderness Back Trail Adventure at Disney’s Fort Wilderness, The UnDISCOVERed Future World at Epcot®, or Disney’s Keys to the Kingdom at Magic Kingdom® Park. My personal favorite is that last one in that list and I’ve done it several times. It is exclusively for adults, 5 hours long, goes backstage several times, includes lunch, and receive a special keepsake gift! If you’re a fan of Walt Disney himself, the Magic Kingdom® Park, or Disney in general, you absolutely must do this tour!
- Close Down the Parks. Because you don’t have to worry about cranky kids and bedtimes, take full advantage of those late night park hours. If one of the parks has evening extra magic hours, plan to go and hit your favorite attractions with lower wait times. Once you’ve ridden all you care to enjoy, grab a snack and take a stroll through an empty park. There’s something magical about walking around an empty World Showcase after everyone made their mad dash to the buses. You notice details you missed earlier, and get to take some beautiful pictures. My personal favorite park to close down is Magic Kingdom®. Right before the park closes, I grab some corn dog nuggets from Casey’s and sit down to enjoy the ambiance of Main Street, U.S.A.® as it begins to empty. I typically hang around until at least 30 minutes after closing to take pictures and see the not-so-secret Kiss Goodnight. Once that happens, I ever so slowly make my way to the exit while soaking up as much pixie dust as possible.
- Go to the Spa. Take time to unwind and enjoy any of the multiple experiences at one of the Spas on Disney property. The spas are located at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, and at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel. Spa services may include facials, massages, body therapies, manicures, pedicures, and packages to relax and rejuvenate you. If you’re worried about time, try scheduling something quick. Even a simple manicure entitles you to the pampering that a Disney spa provides. When I had a manicure done at Ship Shape Massage Salon Fitness located at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, I enjoyed fresh fruit and cold drinks while receiving quality service. I spent less than an hour being pampered, but I left feeling completely refreshed!
- Snack and Drink Around the World (Showcase). Epcot’s World Showcase is a place I can easily spend an entire day exploring. Each country has it’s own nooks and crannies where you’ll find everything from movies and live entertainment to specialty shops and museums. Because of Disney’s commitment to keeping the country’s as authentic as possible, you are able to taste traditional (and not-so-traditional) snacks and drinks from Mexico all the way around to Canada! Some of my favorites snacks include a Troll Horn in Norway, fresh caramel popcorn in Germany, and a chocolate crêpe in France. If you’re looking for a drink recommendation, try a margarita in Mexico, a grapefruit beer in Germany, or a Grey Goose Citron Slush in France. Whatever strikes your fancy, you’re sure to find it in the World Showcase!
These activities are just the tip of the iceberg. An adult only vacation to Walt Disney World® can be anything you desire – relaxing, peaceful, thrilling, full of adventure, entertaining, and so much more. “Anything your heart desires will come to you. If your heart is in your dream, no request is too extreme when you wish upon a star as dreamers do.”
All Key to the World Travel® planners are experts, and offer the highest level of exemplary customer service. Contact your travel planner to book your vacation, or click here to request a quote today!
Contact Kimberly using the links below!